Leaking Shower Repairs
Is your shower leaking? This is a common problem in Australian households and can even occur in houses that are only a few years old.
How Do You Know if Your Shower is Leaking?
There are a few key signs that can indicate if your shower is leaking:
- Bulging or swollen skirting boards
- Rusty door frames
- Cracked or missing grout
- Bubbling or peeling paint
- Detached mouldy silicone
- Faulty shower screens
- Leaky taps
- Mouldy or musty smells
- Consistent chesty coughs through dampness in the air
What Happens if you Fail to Repair a Leaking Shower?
On the surface, some cracked grout or bubbling paint may not appear to be a serious issue. However, moisture beneath shower tiles can spread quickly and in extreme cases it can even:
- Damage and soften the ceiling of the room below
- Deteriorate the wall on the opposing room
- Rot and warp the frame of the shower
- Rot any adjacent timbers such as flooring, structural, skirting boards or door frames
Most of all, a leaking shower can cause serious health issues for your family!
If a leaking shower is identified and acted upon promptly, the damage is typically minimal and can be repaired quickly and affordably. However, if leaking shower repairs are not applied swiftly and effectively, you may have to spend tens of thousands of dollars to repair the damage.
Who Do You Contact?
There are numerous companies throughout Perth who provide leaking shower repairs. However, the products and techniques they use can differ greatly from one provider to another. Here are some handy tips on what to ask when looking for effective and long-lasting leaking shower repairs:
- Do they use a moisture meter? A moisture meter will allow them to detect leaks that may not be visible to the naked eye, as well as the source of the leak. This is essential in order to ensure the leak is properly fixed and will not return shortly after the leaking shower repairs are applied.
- Does the company use ePoxy Grout? The ‘standard’ grout which is found in 99% of Australian homes is quite brittle and porous and tends to crack and absorb moisture. On the other hand, ePoxy Grout is 100% waterproof, resistant to stains and provides a long term solution.
- Do they remove the old grout and replace with 100% waterproof ePoxy or just seal over the top of existing standard grout?
- Is the company a certified installer of ePoxy Grout? By using a certified installer, you can rest assured that the company or individual is qualified and experienced.
- Do they offer a warranty? An extensive product warranty will offer peace of mind and further ensure that you receive effective and long-lasting leaking shower repairs.
- Are they reputable? These days, most companies have reviews from customers on Facebook and Google. This is a great way to gauge whether they provide a high quality and professional service.
Why Choose ePoxy Grout Worx
Marc from ePoxy Grout Worx is a certified installer of Mapei ePoxy Grout. Mapei grout is fast drying, 100% waterproof, stain and chemical resistant and available in 22 colours!
With over 15 years of experience, Marc offers a 25 year product warranty and can provide leaking shower repairs without the need to remove any tiles. His main goal is ‘positive feedback everytime’ and this is reflected by his 5 star rating on Google and Facebook.
Contact ePoxy Grout Worx today to schedule an obligation-free quotation for leaking shower repairs within Perth.